- The Alexander McQueen retrospective that just opened at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York is the Costume Institute's most popular exhibition ever.
- Guerrilla gardening goes mainstream with the Kabloom SeedBom.
- Missoni is the next brand to partner with Target on a 400 piece collection to debut September 13, 2011. We predict a NYC event and/or pop-up to coincide with Fashion Week & Fashion Night Out.
- Catch the London Olympics fever before the Anglomania trend peeks: Stella McCartney unveils adidas Olympic collection in fashion film.
- The Southern California companies that outfit and customize catering trucks (or lease them out) enjoy a boom as the food truck trend spreads throughout the country.
- Innovative punches that will make your Granny blush.
- Startup Tabbedout, a platform that allows you to pay your restaurant or bar tab with a smartphone, has raised $3.7 million in additional funding from New Enterprise Associates to complete the company’s Series A round of venture funding, totaling $5.75 million.
- David Lynch, the master coffee roaster?
- Will Alice Waters be the next Oprah for the fresh food movement.
- Conran, one of our favorite NYC housewares stores formerly under the Queensboro Bridge, sets up shop in ABC Home & Carpet.
- More nail trends and opinions from The New York Times.
- Earth friendly fashion without the crunchy granola bits.
- Are you a great fashion filmmaker? Think you can take on Tavi Gevinson? Check out A Shaded View on Fashion Film 2010.
We're thrilled- the intersection of food and fashion makes its way to Japan via "farm gals".
- Can a food truck make your brand hip? Some well-established restaurants think so.
- Cupcakes or cash- people choose favorite foods over Money according to survey released by the American Heart association.
- Trade school tuition is up but does culinary school matter?
6:00pm to 6:30: Berdorf Goodman
6:50pm to 8:30: Barneys New York
9:00pm to 9:30: Wooster and general Soho (Adidas Store/Juicy Store area)
10:00pm to 11: Meatpacking District